Sunday, July 24, 2022

Perfectionism, Paddling and Climbing

In one of those weird personality quirks I can be both a perfectionist yet simultaneously hold to a “rough enough is good enough” doctrine. Lately, I’ve started to think that framing is everything. A healthy diet that avoids sugar, grains and industrial seed oils can be seen as either restrictive or freeing. Sure, 99.9% of packaged goods will be off limits, but not succumbing to the diseases of civilisation, infirmity and general weakness is a sign of incredible freedom.


Pic by Quick Nick

I am still obsessed with climbing although I’ve only managed to get out about once per week the last couple of weeks. We had another round of wet weather, and, with a paddle trip coming up, it’s time to get back into paddle shape. I seem to be fit enough to stay in shape for easy paddle trips with no special preparation but bigger trips, I like to feel fit enough that I can stack up long days back to back.




Paddle training is mostly grinding zone two stuff with the occasional session chasing Quick Nick thrown in to increase overall speed. Not glamorous, and truthfully, most days I just go out to get it done, but much of success in life lies in just getting shit done.


No comments:

Post a Comment