Monday, October 2, 2023

Build It And They Will Come: Maloneys Beach to Richmond Beach

I’m pretty sure someone said “build it and they will come” before Kevin Costner made the quote famous in Field of Dreams – a movie I have never seen – but the philosophy has certainly worked for the Murramarang South Coast walk. I think I must have passed 20 people between Richmond Beach and Maloneys Beach this morning. There were a couple of folk just strolling but most were weighed down with backpacks and obviously finishing up the walk.




Initially, I thought I would go from Maloneys Beach to Durras and back, a distance that was about 8 kilometres before the new track went in, but on the new track it is 8 kilometres to Oakey Beach, and probably 15 kilometres (maybe more?) to Durras. I’m not in shape enough to run 30 kilometres, so I went for 20 km instead, up to Richmond Beach and back.





The things you think of after you finish… if I had gone another half a kilometre in either direction that would have been 21 kilometres and a half marathon! Who really cares, apart from the prodigious amount of flies, it was a nice morning out doing one of the things I really enjoy, running bush tracks by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment