Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Long Run

I just got back from 25 kilometres on my local single track. I was not actually intending to go that far; my training plan for today was "long run" with no specification of how far I would or should go, simply "long run." After 25 kilometres and over 700 metres of elevation gain, I think I can check "long run" off the to do list for today.




Strangely enough, that is actually my longest "long run" to date. Sometimes it is good to not think too carefully about what you plan to do. That way you limit the mental baggage you carry with you. Leave behind all the negative or, if not out right negative, at least ambivalent thoughts that can be a heavy burden when you have a long distance to travel. Once you are out there, the process is as simple as just moving forward, one footfall at a time.




Speaking of moving forward, we paddled on Sunday, but only a small crew. We paddled out of Congo Creek to the ocean, which was kind of fun as I have not done that before. I have launched and landed a few times at Congo, but in recent years the creek has been blocked by a big sandbar so the only way to paddle up the creek was to land and carry your boat over. Currently, you can paddle about 3 km up the creek as well, although this involves some sliding over logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment