Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Life Is A Process

Self-belaying yourself on a skinny rope up a wet slippery slab in light drizzle while your feet inexorably slide down the slab really is an exercise in trusting the process. As long as all your systems are correctly set up, you should make it - I did.




Staying in the realm of process, yesterday, in one of my weird and inexplicable just head out the door moments, I paddled 28 kilometres before breakfast. Like some of my runs, I didn't mean to do 28 kilometres. One could even argue I had no need to do 28 kilometres as I had knocked over 70 kilometres in the previous three days, but, I was out paddling and I got that "I'll just go take a look at that, and that, and that, and that and that and that..." and before I knew it I had paddled 28 kilometres. All the way I worked on my forward stroke, which, if the process is correct, should result in my base paddle pace improving.




In case you are wondering, there was a Sunday paddle. A couple more Sundays and I will hit the milestone of a year of Sunday paddles. We were a party of five and went out around the Tollgate Islands, north to Judges Beach and then got a cracking downwinder back to our home bay with a good northeasterly blowing. So, the Sunday paddles continue regularly every Sunday, people turn up, we have a good time, so that is another process that seems to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment