Friday, November 24, 2023

Fore-Shadowing

Another Saturday, another Park Run with my time virtually identical to last time, which, given I am not training to run faster is completely OK with me; plateau is, after all, the new PR when you’re old. I am determined during this training cycle not to avoid intensity simply because it’s hard.




On Tuesday, we paddled from Captains Beach at Green Patch to Bowen Island. It was short, pleasant and interrupted by a visit to a friend’s yacht moored at Hole In The Wall. Immediately getting aboard, even in these sheltered waters I felt sea sick thus confirming – if the confined spaces did not do so – that sailing is not for me.




On Wednesday we set off to paddle from Erowal Bay back to Captains Beach, a distance of roughly 41 kilometres which would have been a fantastic training paddle, but, I pulled out at St Georges Head. There’s a story there, yet to be written, but it will feature disappointment, dismay, even mild disgust. Consider yourself forewarned.

No comments:

Post a Comment