Friday, December 1, 2023

The Story of Erowal Bay Part Two: Somethings Never Change

It has been over a decade but I still think the three reasons I posited in “Be Honest About Why You Fail” are pretty much on point. After pulling out of the paddle from Erowal Bay at Summer Cloud Cove I thought a lot about what I could have done differently that would have meant I finished the paddle as planned. There are one or two small things, such as having some easily digested food handy, keeping my compass on the deck, being a little bit more aware of the overall geography, but, overall, I think I pulled out because, as I wrote in 2011, I: (a) just didn’t try hard enough; (b) was pathetically out of shape; and (c) lacked the necessary skill to succeed.

I guess somethings never change.




No comments:

Post a Comment