Saturday, April 20, 2024

Surf Landings

The marriage of ineptitude and self-esteem. Tucker Carlson.

In a somewhat shocking turn of events, I listened to Joe Rogan interview Tucker Carlson yesterday, and, while some of Carlson’s ideas seem a bit out there, others made a lot of sense. Wikipedia describes Carlson, among other things as “the leading voice of White grievance politics” (their capitalisation). But I’m not sure what else one would expect from the hive mind virus controlled Wikipedia which is not exactly a source of unbiased information. 





In any event, I like the comment above so much that I might adopt it as a guiding philosophy for life, for who among us has not married ineptitude with self-esteem? It certainly is the mark of most of the so called experts who talk among us. Yes, I mean talk.





We are into the most fabulous weather period where I live. Sharp crisp mornings and sunny calm days. Perfect for every outdoor activity that can be imagined. I’ve gone back to the Sunday paddles, but with a twist. I want these paddles to be varied, some social days, some fast days, some far days, some skill days. I accept that I’ll be on my own some days, and some days there will only be a couple of other paddlers. But, my Mum always said (when I was a kid and begging for something we could not afford) “just because so and so jumped off a cliff – would you?” I expansively interpret this to mean that sometimes if you want to do something, you have to do that something alone.


PC: Unknown photographer


Today we went surfing, or surf landing. Nick was quick to point out that there is a difference between the two. Mostly I was “surf landing” as surf landing is what I will be tested on, but I admit that I snuck in a few rides as well. Conditions were fabulous. A nice wave to ride, and a handy rip which wisked us back out for more runs. The sun was shining and the water is still warm. Almost too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment