The plan for week five was to hold training constant at a 10% increase from the previous week. Instead, I did 13 hours on my feet – oopsie. I was in the ACT for a few days and had the opportunity to do some walks I had not previously done before. Because I was in the ACT for five days, I only got in two strength session so I deloaded on strength and uploaded on endurance. Not a bad plan really.
Week six was my official deload week but I plugged in four strength sessions because of the two missed sessions the previous week. On foot volume was drastically reduced (the basic idea is to cut 50%) to just over three hours. The week finished strong so next week I move out of the transition phase into base training and begin a steady increase in volume and elevation gain.

No comments:
Post a Comment