Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Hard Always Going Hard

It's Thursday, which may just be peak fatigue day of the week for me. I've had two days of Stronglifts, two days of Crossfit WOD's, two days on real rock, and one day on the climbing wall, and I'm feeling the muscle soreness and fatigue. But, today was another day to go out and train some climbing.

We went to another short, but steep climbing area near Nelson with routes that are pretty pumpy for the forearms as one of the big goals for today was to work the forearms. I led three routes, but also took a ride on three of routes. One of the rides was reasonable, as I doubt I would have finished the route on lead, but the other two were pure and simple cop-outs. I should have led them both. It's likely I would have fallen, but that's no big deal.

As I wasn't actually near falling on the other routes I led, I took four falls just for good measure. Doug was catching me a bit more softly so this time my back didn't hurt afterward. All that hurt was my pride as I am disappointed in myself for not giving two of those routes a go.

I could make all sorts of excuses about how it was bloody hot (it was), and I was pumped (I was), and fatigued (I was), but, at the end of the day, those are all excuses for not trying hard enough. 

Steep climbing, good to fall on

No comments:

Post a Comment