Sunday, August 15, 2021

Beaches And Bouldering

Now that the entire state of NSW is in lockdown, joining the ACT, and much of Victoria, I thought I might as well keep the blog going for at least the first week of our lockdown. On paper, the lockdown is scheduled to last a week but the Sydney and area lockdown which started seven weeks ago had such an inauspicious beginning too and no-one, least of all the people in charge, have any inkling when that will end as case numbers continue to rise.




It was a great day for a paddle, with calm winds, flat seas, glorious sunshine, and, we would have been paddling with the squad, but - lockdown. Up and down the south coast there must have been kayaks out in groups of two off the individual communities where people from our squad live. I saw a couple of kayaks cruising along the beaches near us.




Instead of paddling, I took myself off bouldering. Not a common activity around here so I get weird looks as I walk along the beach with my crash pad on my back and frequently hear "what is that huge backpack?" whispered as I walk past. I had a good session, until my shoe fell apart, but I managed to climb a bit more after that mucking around climbing up a very easy boulder no hands. The beaches were quieter than normal and it felt like spring had arrived which made me a bit sad as I love winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment