Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Looking Backwards

You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards. Steve Jobs

Certain segments of society might profit from looking forwards rather than backwards, but here is my training week in review. If you can remember back to Sunday School - I think most Aussie kids of a certain generation went to Sunday School - God was busy creating stuff each day, but apparently rested on the seventh day. What a slacker!




Anyway, seven days of mobility work, five days of core training, 3 days of strength training, 40 kilometres walking with 1550 metres of elevation gain (I don’t track the loss – what comes up must go down after all), and 35 kilometres paddling … except my paddle training is planned over a 10 day period and totalled 49 kilometres for the ten days. Most of this was aerobic, but I also did some paddle sprints (one each kilometre for 14 kilometres) and about an hour of tempo training.




Almost but not quite on track with my training plan. I missed two days of training on the climbing wall. By all accounts we are heading for a hot summer so I don’t see much climbing happening this summer – I’ve got other stuff going on – but I do like to keep climbing training ticking away year round. It’s just too hard and demoralising to get onto the “in shape/out of shape” see-saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment