Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Rainy Season

May be upon us in Nelson. This week has been a mix of rain, drizzle, mist, fog, and cloud, thus rendering it impossible to continue climbing outdoors. Training for El Portrero Chico has moved indoors. I've been pounding out Crossfit WODS and climbing three times a day on our indoor wall.

I've also starting going to yoga classes at the recreation centre in Nelson. Usually, I just do my own stretching at home, but, my muscles seem to be getting tighter and tighter so I started back at a regular class. The interesting thing about yoga classes is that there really isn't a lot of relaxing stretching involved. The postures we have been doing all demand a fair bit of core and leg strength. Rotating around various warrior poses and planks, tiptoe and chair poses, prayer and pyramid poses requires a fair bit of muscle strength to stabilize the pose.

Tomorrow, there may be a break in the weather, and we may find ourselves - with any luck - on a bit of dry rock. 

 Fall colours in our backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment