Friday, February 10, 2023

Park Running

For day 20 of the Hard Things project I cycled down to my local Park Run. While I’m not absolutely stoked about the course – along the pathway from the marina to downtown (I prefer bush trails) – I do enjoy the camraderie of one hundred other people turning out early on a Saturday morning for a bit of exercise. I was not my perkiest – this Hard Things project is wearing me out! - and I was 10 minutes slower than my fastest time (2019). Admittedly, I only ran about half way. I thought I would test out the very popular run/walk strategy (although I’m not sure people run/walk five kilometres) and see how it compared to my last Park Run (in December) when I “ran” all the way. My time was virtually identical. I don’t know if you can extrapolate anything from that, but there it is, a couple of data points.




Then, because it was hot, and I wanted to be sure I had really covered the Hard Thing for the day, we went down to the local beach and did a bunch of rolls. On-side, off-side, one re-enter and roll when I blew three in a row and ran out of air (happens frighteningly quickly) and, trying to the C to C roll and not getting it. I am reminded of Nick asking “Why?” Increasingly, that seems like a good question.


No comments:

Post a Comment