Friday, February 3, 2023

A Hanging Swimmer

A centenary of hanging leg raises was Thursday’s Hard Thing. I did them in sets of ten at first and then down to five step off for a moment and five again. Quite glad to finish that one, the core was painful but all that hanging seemed good for my shoulders.



I had a few ideas for today’s Hard Thing and settled on a long swim. I am a terrible swimmer but at least the water was warm while I choked and spluttered along the length of Wimbie Beach and back (maybe 500 or 600 metres?). Luckily, no-one raced in to rescue old lady slowly sinking. I did learn something and that is you should always swim into the wind to start and have the wind behind you as you finish (similar to kayaking). I was surprised how much sea water I choked on swimming back into the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment