Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Cycling and Climbing

Here I am at day 18 of the Hard Things project, and, yes, I am feeling a wee bit fatigued. The Hard Thing on day 16 was combining two previous hard things (days 4 and 10) and increasing time on one and weight on the other. That is, I did 30 minutes on the climbing wall (last time was 20 minutes) and added weight on the Southwood workout, and did the two training sessions concurrently.




Yesterday, day 17, I finally got back on the mountain bike and rode the Dam Loop. This one had been on my Hard Things list for a while. It did go better than I thought although I pushed the bike up what I call “heartbreak hill,” the steep loose access track from our suburb to the fire trail that intersects the Dam Loop. I have not ridden the Dam Loop for a very, very long time. Back when I was training for our Canadian trip, I used to ride the Dam Loop, Jackhammer, and RU12 once every 8 to 10 days as interval training. I don’t really have a good conclusion to this post, so I’ll stick in another gliph instead. Φ

No comments:

Post a Comment