Sunday, February 12, 2023

Climbing and Paddling

I am now over three weeks into the Hard Things project but still only one third of the way through. Putting this in perspective, Candice Burt just finished up her 100th consecutive ultramarathon distance (32 miles or 51.5 kilometres) run over the duration of a Colorado winter. Yikes.




Yesterday (day 21), the Hard Thing was a long paddle when I did not feel like a long paddle. But, it was Sunday and I had committed to paddling every/most Sundays so off I went. The forecast was iffy with lots of wind, not something that would normally deter me or result in a river paddle, but on this particular day, a river paddle seemed like the best choice. In the end, we did 32 kilometres and paddled as far up Currowan Creek as one can get in a sea kayak.




Today, just a bit more fatigued than yesterday we went rock climbing, and I did the notorious Body Pump route.

No comments:

Post a Comment