Friday, April 27, 2012

Training


Since Monday, every day this week has been spent getting our house ready for sale. I haven't been out to the mountains to ski or climb, which, for someone addicted to mountain sports, is mentally challenging. Instead of climbing or skiing, I've been working out hard - which, is easy to do in a relatively short time period if you choose the right work-out. Getting blasted in my work-outs has kept me sane.

Right now I'm doing some hard strength training with Stronglifts. Climbing season, however, is also approaching (or here if you aren't fixated on getting your house on the market) so I'm also climbing on my indoor wall and doing HIT strips. Still gotta get my endorphin buzz, so most days I also do a short Crossfit type WOD - usually an adaptation of the days WOD focusing on power and core work.

As I'm not doing long endurance days in the mountains, I'm also experimenting with intermittent fasting.  Something that is not nearly so difficult as it sounds, and, which sure frees up time that would be spent either preparing or eating food.

Of course, all this means my muscles are sore everyday and I have a generalized low level muscular fatigue. But, to quote Nietzshe, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Bouldering on our home climbing wall



No comments:

Post a Comment