Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Run, Walk, Jog

Day two and already this habit feels onerous; not really, it would be a poor showing to quit after one day, although, as Seth Godin argues in "The Dip" sometimes quitting is the right thing to do. Pivoting is what the new breed of pretenders would say, which is revisionist history for quitting.




Actually, it is an easy day to write about as it was an easy day because tomorrow is performance day. All this talk about performance is going to make me anxious to perform tomorrow. Redpoint/onsight anxiety, the struggle is real.



Anyway, I went off to run/walk/jog some single track in the local forest that I had not yet got around to exploring, mostly because I have been in a strength and power phase not an endurance phase. So, it was a nice two hour run/walk/jog staying well within my aerobic threshold (recovery pace) past some lovely big gum trees that weathered the 2019 fire storm, and along beside granite slab creeks. There were a few black cockatoos screeching in the trees, such intriguing birds, and I got my daily dose of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment