Sunday, July 25, 2021

Tea Trees and Deadpoints

The best video I have found, of course it is Neil Gresham, explaining deadpoints and how to practice and train them. One video tutorial mentioned moving from the hips while keeping your ankles still and I wanted to shout at the videographer that "the body is one piece." Unless your ankle is fused it is impossible to move from the hips while not moving the ankles, because, the body is one piece, or, following KStarr, think upstream/downstream.




I have set a few deadpoint projects on my home wall to practice when I am not working my actual project. No matter how I tried I could not extend for holds while keeping my ankles fixed. I did, however, intuitively work out that I needed to press through the feet as I went for the deadpoint which is how Neil Gresham instructs the deadpoint.




I had a long ramble around the bush and beaches in our local area today. Although our development happy council is more than willing to sell off green space, we are still very lucky to have long corridors of reserve that can be connected to make circle or out and back routes linking bush and beaches with very little pavement walking.




Today I rambled through a lovely tea tree forest and came out on a wide flat beach at low tide with views of our bay and islands.


No comments:

Post a Comment